Software Usage FAQ
Find out how to register your program, how many computers can be used, the differences in the software versions and compatible operating systems here.
Please make a selection
The first time you run the software, you will need to register it. You will only need to register once. You must have internet access for the registration process. Below are the steps to register your product.
- Double-click the program icon to open the program. On Windows, the software will be located on your desktop. On Mac, your software will be located in your Applications folder in Finder.
- A window appears stating you need to register the program. You were provided with an alpha-numeric Registration Code with your software. If you ordered the flash drive, the Registration Code would be included on a small card. If you ordered the download, you should have received your Registration Code in a separate email following the purchase. On this screen, enter your Registration Code exactly as it appears, and click “Verify Code”. Then proceed to fill out the form and click “Register Now!”. If you missed any required fields denoted by an asterisk (*), the field will turn red.
- A successful registration will then show the End User License Agreement document and a checkbox. Once you have read the License Agreement, check the box indicating you agree to the terms. Then click “Activate Now!” to activate your software.
- Go to the main login page and choose which app you will be registering/logging into.
- On the right-side, under New Activation, enter the Activation Code you received and your email address, and click Activate New.
- An email will be sent to the email address you entered with a Temporary Code to verify your email address. Check your email, enter this code in the box provided, and click Verify.
- Complete all of the steps on the Registration Screen, and click Register Now.
- Going forward, you will use the fields on the left under Existing User Login.
Each program may only be installed and registered onto one computer. If you are interested in installing onto multiple computers, additional software licenses must be purchased.
You may use the web app on any device that connects to the internet. Though, you will not be able to have simultaneous sessions. This means if you log into the app on one device or browser, then log into the app on another device or browser, your first session will automatically disconnect.
Study Suite Anywhere (the web app) is an addition to our product line and joins the Dietitian Exam Study Suite and the Diet Tech Exam Study Suite (both desktop programs) to give students a choice as to how they would like to study for their exams. While both the web app and the desktop software share many similarities, there are some differences between the two platforms:
- Can be used anywhere by logging into the website to access.
- Can choose how long you want access to the app.
- Can be used on devices not supported in the desktop app, such as iOS and Android tablets and Chromebook computers (an Android operating system).
- Can be a bit sluggish, depending on your internet connection and the number of calculations the app is doing.
- Can only be used with a valid subscription. Once the subscription expires, you will lose access.
- Cannot pick and choose which features you have available. The web app is an all-in-one package.
- Does not have all of the features available in the desktop program. The web app includes Library, Practice Exams, Videos, Matching, and Flash Cards as these have been identified as the most popular study modules amongst students.
- Can be used indefinitely, even after the update/support subscription expires.
- Has more to it in terms of features. Everything in the web app is present in the desktop version, but the desktop version also includes Study Sessions, Study Partner, Daily Weak Topics, Hanging with Nutrition, Abbreviations, and Blind Exams.
- Students may choose between different package levels, depending on what they need and want in a study guide.
- The desktop version is limited to one computer per license.
Visual Veggies Software desktop applications are compatible with both Mac and Windows computers.
Windows operating systems include Windows 7 and above. To locate your Windows operating system version number, type in “System Information” from your Start search box.
Mac operating systems include OS X 10.10.5 and above. To locate your Mac operating system version number, click the little apple icon in the upper-left most part of your screen and go to “About this Mac”.
Visual Veggies Software web apps are compatible on any device that connects to the internet.
We do recommend using the app on a computer or larger tablet. While you can technically use the app on smartphones and smaller tablets, we do not recommend this at this time as the web app has not been optimized for smaller screens. Rest assured that we will soon be working on a solution to this!